Search This Blog

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Why This Blog?

"His steadfast love never ceases." Music to my ears. And oh how I need it. I am continually amazed at how the Lord has been faithful and "full" of mercies in the White household--my last name not the color of my skin. :)

I renamed this blog because it used to be called "whitefamilyfunnies" and then I realized that everything I wrote wasn't so funny but kinda depressing. You are more than welcome to read older posts at your own risk. HAHA!!

The reason I decided to start this blog is to remind myself that God fills in the gaps in my life. No matter how much I try to be the "perfect mom" the "perfect wife" or the "perfect friend," I fail royally. But you know what? God knew I would mess up and He allotted just enough mercies for that particular day. And I receive new ones the next day. His mercies never cease!!! There is a book titled "God's Mercies are New Every Morning (too bad the kids get home in the afternoon)." Isn't that the truth! Children are the perfect refining tool. Today my patience was tested more than once. Someone once said, "When you pray for patience, does God give you patience or an opportunity to be patient?"

My prayer is that this would be a place you can be encouraged and championed to pursue the Lord with abandon knowing that you have mercies afresh every morning!

Greek--"Mercies"--- Eleeo
-to help the afflicted and bring help to the wretched.


I have a deep affection for the Word and am doing a Precept upon Precept study on Jeremiah by Kay Arthur. This blog will be just a little tidbit of what the Lord is doing in my life and hopefully will encourage and inspire and help you to know that you are normal and not the only one out there that struggles. I am not afraid to share my failures but hopefully there will be a lesson learned with it as well. Please share any ideas or stories or prayer request with me as well. I would be honored to pray for you! May we walk alongside each other willing to appeal, beg, beseech on one another's behalf.


Blessings,
Kerry





2 comments:

Tara T. McIlrath said...

I read this and was encouraged! Love ya sistah!

Phillips Family Fun said...

I'm excited to be part of this...you are awesome!