Wow, I can't believe it is a new year. As I look back, I am amazed at God's goodness. This doesn't mean that the year was an easy one. Matter of fact, it was one of the hardest years of my life so far. Losing my mom was a very difficult thing. I still think about her often and thought about writing down the things that come to mind so I can always remember her. But I decided to write a little something different titled....."Do you Know?"
1. Do you know that Parker had a dream about you a couple of nights ago.
2. Do you know that I often go into your room and sit on your bed and just cry?
3. Do you know that when I open the closet door to get the vacuum cleaner out and I see your jackets hanging there, I stop to smell them. I can still smell your sweet smell and I stop and cry.
4. Do you know that I am finding it hard to pack up all your stuff because I can kind of trick myself in thinking that you are still upstairs watching Foodnetwork?
5. Do you know that Tanner will randomly say "MoeMoe"(which is MawMaw to him) with the biggest grin on his face?
6. Do you know that I miss having you accompany me on my trips to the grocery store?
7. Do you know that Tanner likes Little Mermaid now and carries around a Little Mermaid doll he got for Christmas?
8. Do you know that Parker is an awesome Baseball player?
9. Do you know that Paul tears up every time he talks about you?
10. Do you know that even though I may have been a little tired at times, I NEVER got tired of caring for you. I would walk up and down the stairs 10 million times if it meant having you here with us. BUT...I know that you are in a much better place and I rest in the fact that God is good and God is Sovereign!!
Wow, what I year it has been! As we embark upon yet another year we are reminded that this is not our home. We too will join Him in the heavenlies someday! Our purpose here on earth is to share the love of Jesus Christ!