Search This Blog

Monday, December 19, 2011

Transformation

One of the things I have learned over the last 7 months is that transformation is a process.  Whether it is physical or spiritual, it is a process and it is HARD WORK!  I never thought that I would like lifting weights but I do!!!  Someone once told me that women my age should actually be focusing on weight training and not so much cardio.  Now, I don't know if that is an old wives tale or not but I started doing it.  At first I didn't see the results right away.  Then one day...I started noticing that I was actually increasing weight after getting on a machine that a grown man had just gotten off of.  I started noticing muscles popping out of my body.  I looked at my arms one day and actually thought that they may be too veiny.  Never thought that before. :) 

My blog today isn't so much about lifting weights as it is doing the hard work to get the results.  It takes discipline and determination.  It takes time.  It takes patience.  It is so much like our walk with the Lord.  Sometimes I want to just throw my hands up and give in and just lay on the couch eating chocolate and watching sappy girly movies (which I do sometimes I have to admit).  But I know that in order to get the reward I have to stay the course and focus.  My focus is to be on the One who created me and knows me so well.  To be so in tune with His spirit that I know when I hear His voice...to follow His guiding and to TRUST His hand.  This doesn't just happen over night. It comes through faithful pursuing Him in His Word. 

In all things I remember James 1:2-4.  I love the way the Message words it...

"Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides.  You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors.  So don't try to get out of anything prematurely.  Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way."

Becoming mature and well-developed is my hearts cry!  It is painful getting there but I pray that through it all my true colors would be an honor to the Lord! And may I hear Him say on that glorious day, "Well done!"



~kerry

No comments: