Search This Blog

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Seasons

I love the fall!  Just love it!!!  I think a lot of the reason  I love it so much is because my dad did when I was growing up.  He used to take us to all the seasonal activities and they soon became TRADITION to our family. 

I have started the same thing with our children.  I don't know if it is a good thing or not...Parker asked me the other day what kind of activities I had planned for trick or treating with our friends.  I giggled and said, "I don't know what do you think we should do?"  He said quite frankly, "I was thinking that we could maybe bake some cookies and decorated them, watch The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, and maybe make a haunted house in our bonus room."

He definitely is becoming like his mommy!!  He loves to entertain and plan for company.  I love that about him!  :)

This time of year brings about many changes.  I love seeing the colors of the leaves changing.  It is so amazingly beautiful.  I didn't see this growing up.  I grew up in the flat land of Lubbock, Texas, where every house had one tree in the back yard and one tree in the front yard (planted, not natural).  I don't know what kind of trees they were but they didn't change colors like the ones I see in Tennessee. 

Every time I see the trees becoming more and more vibrant with color it reminds me of my own journey with the Lord.  This is a hard season, but it is for my good.  I am being transformed more and more into HIS image. 

It reminds me of a song by Nichole Nordeman, Every Season.

And even when the trees have just surrendered



To the harvest time


Forfeiting their leaves in late September


And sending us inside


Still I notice You when change begins


And I am braced for colder winds


I will offer thanks for what has been and was to come


You are autumn

To Listen to it, click here


I absolutely love this song, and have since the first time I heard it.  When I first heard it I was in the season of caring for my sick mother who came to live with us.  She has since passed (over 2 years ago) and I definitely have gone through "seasons"  since then.  But what I am so in awe over is.....the Lord's ability to sustain me through each season.  Through each season, He never changes...He never leaves me!!!

The omnipresence of God is so comforting!  His provision and protection through being ever-present blows my mind!!

I have grown to know my precious Lord Jesus in such new and different ways with each season.  I have grown to see Him as so much more than a ticket to heaven.  He is my covenant partner and I long to bring glory to HIM in and through all that I do and say.

Today, I am just reflecting on HIS CHARACTER and all he has done for me as I gaze at His marvelous creation!

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. ~2 Corinthians 3:18

~Kerry

2 comments:

DawnEDorsey said...

Kerry,
I love and appreciate how you share your heart through this blog. Thank you.

Kerry Myers said...

Dawn, you are so sweet. I never know who will read the words I type on this blog but my prayer is that God would use it to honor Him.