Search This Blog

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Breaking the Silence

It has been 2 years! A lot has happened over the years and I wasn't sure if I'd ever blog again. But I love to write and I knew I would do it in some form again some day. I thought about starting a whole new blog all together but I could never come up with a new name and content.  So I took it as a sign that it just wasn't time yet.  I didn't want to force anything...So I waited!  And I am so glad I did.  Instead of starting something new and different, I felt the Lord nudging me to continue what I started...new, but being transformed!

You see...three years ago, I had a different last name, living in an apartment with my two boys, going through one of the most difficult life changes to date.... A Divorce!!  I was still blogging at the time but it was more therapeutic than anything. I worked really hard at not divulging too much info and keeping it centered on God. But two years ago I stopped blogging all together. Life was complicated and I truly felt unworthy to keep writing. There were days I would wake up and think, "who am I to impart any kind of wisdom to anyone?"  I definitely couldn't post anything about marriage or parenting because I felt that I had failed at both. I had a failed marriage and I definitely wasn't winning any "mommy of the year" awards.

But here I stand today, still inadequate apart from God but wanting to finish the work He has started [click on the "Why This Blog" tab to learn more].  I am so glad I didn't abandon the blog "New Mercies 4 U!"  I can testify that He really does give you new mercies each day...mercies afresh...mercies He is building on. You see, although we are given new mercies, it doesn't mean we forget the last set of mercies. Use them! Use them to tell your story and to proclaim the never stopping faithfulness of our sweet savior and friend!

Today my life looks different. I have been married to my precious God-send for almost 1.5 years. You can click on the "About Me" tab to learn a little more about him. But words don't do justice in describing this sweet man. He loves people well and is the most unselfish person I know. He is the perfect example of Christ to me!  And the perfect picture of "new mercies," the faithfulness of our covenant God. My life's journey has been long and hard at times but I can say without a doubt that God is faithful!

So today, I start back at "New Mercies 4 U!" It will be a little bit of everything to encourage "U" in "4" areas...Spiritual, Mental, Emotional, and Physical. Who knows, you might read a post or two written by my sweet hubby. There will be posts about cooking, traveling, decorating, fitness, health, marriage, parenting, and more.  But before you get anxious, let me just say...anything shared on here is to encourage you to tap into the fullness of who God created you to be...NOT to cause anxiety that you aren't doing anything right. And if at any time you start to feel that nudge that you are not enough (as I do sometimes), remember..."The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning!"

Happy Blogging and Happy New Year!

No comments: