Search This Blog

Sunday, July 22, 2012

It's Time!

For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "Fear not, I am the one who helps you."  ~Isaiah 41:13

FEAR NOT!!  Easier said than done!

But what I am finding out in my life is that I have let fear dominate.  So in essence I have allowed Satan to control me.  He has had a hold on my life.  He has used lies to keep me in fear!! And the sad part is...he has used those I cherished most to speak these lies to me. 

The lie that Satan would keep using with me would usually start with, "You don't deserve..(anything good)" 

And in the words of a very wise mentor..."Satan is NOT creative. He will keep using the same lie over and over again."

There was a lie that enterend into my life as a little girl and Satan continued to play on this very lie.  I can't even tell you how many times I battled the LIE.  I think I knew in my head that it was a lie but my heart would just sink back into guilt and shame.  And Satan is the master manipulator and truth twister! And as a result of listening to the lies, I underreacted to the circumstances around me...I responded passively to life because I felt that I "deserved it."

But what God is saying to me today is..."It is time!" 
~It is time to experience abundant life
~It is time to live in TRUTH
~It is time to stop taking the safe road for fear of making unnecesarry waves
~It is time to grow into the woman God has created me to be....gracious yet firm!
~It is time to take all the spritual deposits God has placed in my heart along the journey and make them REAL!

So why am I sharing all this today?

I know that there are women and men out there that struggle with this VERY thing!  And I want to encourage you to really begin to ask the Lord for what that lie might look like for you.  Because I can tell you from experience that Satan's very "uncreative lie" will have a huge affect on the rest of your life if you don't take the power back!  And if you are a child of God, you have POWER...His name is JESUS!

But I do more than thank.  I ask- ask the God of our Master, Jesus Christ, the God of glory- to make you intelligent and discerning in knowing him personally, your eyes focused and clear, so that you can see exactly what it is he is calling you to do, grasp the immensity of this glorious way of life he has for his followers, oh, the utter extravagance of his work in us who trust him- endless energy, boundless strength! ~ Eph. 1:17-19 (The Message)

Endless energy, boundless strengh- POWER!

Stand firm! Be Courageous!  This means war!  And if you don't go in the strength of the Lord you will lose everytime!  Believe me...I have been there. And it is not a place you want to stay.  God has something for each of us and Satan wants to keep us from grasping it.  GO GET IT!  IT IS YOURS!! God will enable you, you just have to come to a place of realizing that you need it and cry out to the Lord.  He will hear you and come to your rescue!

Sidenote:  I also want to say a bit about those that I cherished that Satan used to speak the lies...Although their words and actions hurt me, it wasn't about me...it was about them!  So I do not take ownership of that.  My response is to realize Truth and move forward in that Truth!  IT DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ME!

I have included a funny video because I believe laughter also heals a wounded heart.  :)
Click here for video

Stop it!  Stop beleiving the lies and move in truth and freedom! 

~kerry

No comments: