Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

Here is to "39"

So....today is my birthday!  As I celebrate today, I just wanted to take the time to acknowledge my Creator!

"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.  My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth.Your eyes saw my unformed substance: in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them."  ~Psalm 139:13-16

I have not always understood the Lord's Sovereignty!  It has been (and continues to be) a mystery to me.   But as I look back on the last 39 years of my life I am finally at place of seeing God's Sovereign hand in my life and I rejoice today for yet another great year of serving such an amazing God!  The last year has been rough at times and sometimes I questioned God's hand.  But in the midst of it all, I am so very thankful that I was given yet another year of service unto Him.  I pray that this next year would be about HIM and not me.  May I strive to serve Him in all I say, do and think.  May this year of being "39" be a year of loving well those who God has put in my path.  And, can I just add....I am so thankful for my sweet husband who walks alongside my craziness everyday, my sweet boys who for some reason think I hung the moon, my precious family in Texas who I don't keep up with near enough, my friends that I have met along the way, and those of you are in my life today (new and old ).   You all bring a smile to my face today!!  May I be the wife, mom, sister and friend God created me to be!

A Birthday for me has been just another day in years past...but today I see it as a blessing...a celebration of what God is doing in my life each year and a reminder to be about God's business in the year to come.  So...come on "40"!

~Kerry

No comments: